Vale of York HR Services Ltd was founded in 2013 by Jane Coope and works out of a modern office in Clifton Moor, York. Jane and her team deliver HR and training services through the HR Dept Vale of York trading name, thereby benefitting from the resources of the HR Dept brand. They have both retained and pay as you go clients covering a diverse range of sectors.
This is a varied role responsive to client needs and will evolve as your knowledge and experience develops on the apprenticeship programme. Flexibility and a willingness to ‘muck in’ will be key but early responsibilities are likely to include:
• Handling enquiries and liaising with potential/current clients
• Researching and responding to HR questions, requests for policies, reviews of staff handbooks etc
• Keeping our CRM system (Sugar) updated with casework histories
• Supporting team members with client work
• Undertaking project work e.g. organising and contributing to our skills workshops
• Assisting with case work e.g. compiling case files, taking notes at hearings, liaising with legal representatives and archiving outcomes
We would like you to make a particular contribution to the promotion of our Company through social media and marketing activities. This may include refreshing and posting online content, exhibiting at conferences, developing links with local business organisations and compiling case studies, information packs etc.
As you grow in confidence, you will be take on more individual case work and client liaison. We will work hard to ensure that you are supported in your studies through having the necessary exposure and research opportunities required for assignments/projects.
This is a generalist position with opportunity to develop a training interest if desired.
• Excellent customer service ethos – willing to ‘go the extra mile’
• Articulate and able to communicate confidently both verbally and in written form
• Numerate, accurate and with a high level of attention to detail
• Competent user of Microsoft Office
• Absolutely trustworthy and able to protect confidentiality
• Champion of equality and ethically aware
• Enjoys working collaboratively but can ‘get your head down’ and work individually if required
• Committed to achieving a Level 5 Diploma in HR through the Apprenticeship route
• Someone who could be passionate about our Company and is keen to contribute flexibly and grow along with us
• Confident understanding of social media and an interest in using to raise awareness of our Company
• Full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle OR willing to work towards achieving
WHAT WE OFFER
The opportunity for you to achieve your Level 5 Diploma in HR Management through an agreed blend of work/study.
Working at our modern office with free parking and refreshments.
Starting hourly rate for 21+ is £7.50
A leave entitlement of 20 days (plus public holidays) per year plus 5 days additional study leave per annum.
Payment of study costs including CIPD membership fees and support with your CPD.
You will be provided with a laptop and smartphone.
BePro is a private training provider based in Stokesley, North Yorkshire. We deliver CIPD Intermediate and Foundation qualifications, CMI Management qualifications at levels 2,3,5 and 7. We also deliver Apprenticeships in a number of subjects including HR, Management and Teaching and Learning.
Our business is growing rapidly and we would like to offer the right person the chance to grow with us and to undertake an apprenticeship in Learning and Development at level 3, with a view to progressing onto the Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training.
We are looking for a bright, motivated individual who can use their own initiative and is keen to learn, to deliver our professional qualifications. Ideally you will have experience of working in an HR or Management role and an interest in developing people and yourself.
Duties will include:
• Planning lesson materials and designing teaching resources
• Coordinating students and class timetables
• Putting together schemes of work
• Teaching 1:1, small and medium sized groups in Business, Management and HR subjects
• Assessment of student work and providing timely feedback
Applicants will complete an apprenticeship in Learning and Development at Level 3 which is expected to take one year. Upon successful completion (subject to satisfactory performance) you will be given the opportunity to progress to the Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training.
Salary: £18,000 per annum
Hours of work: 37.5 per week. Applicants will need to be flexible and there will be some evening teaching required. Must be willing to travel using own transport as some of the teaching will be out of the area – classes currently run in Middlesbrough, Stokesley and York.
Bulk Tainer Logistics based in Stokesley Business Park are looking for a number of Business Administration Apprentices to join a vibrant team in a busy office. Due to the nature of the role, we require enthusiastic individuals who are keen to learn and start a long-term career within a growing company.
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm with an hour for lunch.
Rate of Pay: Starting at £3.50 per hour. Hourly rate to be reviewed after 6 months depending on progress of candidate.
• Answer queries by email and telephone
• Store and retrieve electronic information
• Use a bespoke computer system day to day
• Create and manage invoices
• General office duties and provide administrative support to senior members of staff
Successful candidates will be expected to hit the ground running and we require the following:
• English and maths GCSE Grade C or equivalent preferred
• IT literate with experience of Microsoft Office
• The ability to work well in a team
• Good time management and organisational skills
• Attention to detail
This opportunity is a chance to get on the first step of your career ladder with excellent progression and training opportunities for the right candidates.
The successful candidate would be working in small team based in our Head Office in Selby. Abbey Personnel are privately owned recruitment agency established in 1999. The main sectors we recruit for are :-
• Industrial and logistics
• Permanent recruitment
The suitable candidate would be part of a team involved in all aspects of recruitment , as a company we have a very hand on approach. Duties will include:-
• Client research and taking bookings over the telephone
• Candidate sourcing , interviewing and reference checking
• Booking appointments and interviews
• Completing inductions and induction paperwork
• Assisting with payroll
• All general admin duties required to run a recruitment agency
• Taking calls and dealing with queries.
We are looking for a bright individual who will fit well in a small team and most importantly someone looking to come into this industry, it is not for everyone and can be tough so it needs to be someone who can think on their feet and be confident. There is hands on guidance from the Directors and the role can be as “meaty” as the individual wants it to be.
Confident telephone manner is essential as you may be talking to an angry temp one minute then a company director the next! Good computer skills (Excel is essential) and great attention to details. Compliance and data entry are massive parts of the business so this is very important.
We operate a bespoke cloud based IT system so full training on this will be given. Our office hours are 8.30 until 5 Monday to Thursday and 8.30 until 4.30 on a Friday.
Hours of Work: 8.30 – 5 Monday to Thursday and 8.30 – 4.30 on a Friday.
Rate of Pay: £3.50 – 4.50 per hour.
If you do not see an apprenticeship listed here that you are interested in, please drop us a line at email@example.com with a short note to tell us what kind of apprenticeship you are looking for. We will keep your details on file and contact you as soon as a suitable opportunity becomes available.